Fifth Year of Fitch Robotics; Second Year of the Aluminum Falcons
In the preseason leading up to the 2011 game, Logomotion, The Aluminum Falcons gained new students, new mentors, and a new direction. Substantial funding was in place for the first time ever, extremely talented students were drawn to the excitement of robotics, and we got a infusion of organization from mentors with years of FIRST Robotics experience. All the ingredients were there to make the 2011 robot a powerhouse.
Not only did this robot do it all, but it required nearly zero maintenance throughout the entire season. From software to hardware this machine ran like a dream through 5 events and countless hours of driver training. It has exceeded our expectations. Building this robot has given the team the boost of confidence and direction that it so desperately needed.
- The objective was to build a robot which could place tubes at all levels, score in autonomous, deploy a minibot, and hold its own ground when up against the competition. Talyn is the robot that could; it's the robot that does it all. It plays every aspect of the game, and it plays them well. At the WPI regional our Alliance needed a robot that could play defense, and our skilled drive team showed everyone how it should be done. At the Northeast Utilities Connecticut Regional, AND Battlecry@WPI 12, Talyn was 100% successful scoring in autonomous mode.
- Chassis: 0.090" Sheetmetal Construction for Drivetrain and Tower Supports
- Drivetrain: 4CIM Motors, 6 Wheel Drive, 2 speed transmission (5fps/11fps)
- Superstructure: 1 Fisher Price Motor, 2 Stage 80/20 Linear Lift, ~1.5s Floor To Score
- Manipulator: Pnuematic Claw, 3 Position Pnuematic Shoulder
- Minibot Deployment: Pnuematic To Lineup, Pnuematic Release Surgical Tubing Slingcart
- Minibot: Direct Drive ~1.2s contact of pole to trigger (2 Pole Style Mount)
- Base Driver: Tim Entwistle (Junior)
- Operator: Niral Patel (Junior)
- Human Player: Matt Myles (Senior)
- Coach: Josh Miller (Mentor)
- 2011 Suffield Shakedown Scrimmage - Quarterfinalists (2168, 3125, 88)
- 2011 WPI Regional - Semifinalists (2168, 3280, 236),
- 2011 WPI Regional - Coopertition Award
- 2011 Northeast Utilities FIRST Connecticut Regional - Quarterfinalists (2168, 2067, 126)
- 2011 BattleCry@WPI - Semifinalists (2168, 176, 157)
- 2011 Where is Wolcott? Invitational - Semifinalist (2168, 155, N/A)
- 2011 Bash @ the Beach - Semifinalists (2168, 176, 2555)
- 2011 Bash @ the Beach - Pushing the Envelope
The 2011 Competition was LogoMotion
See our 2011 stats at The Blue Alliance